Prof. Dr. Sönke Hansen receives the Weierstraß-Prize 2004 in recognition of his excellent work during winter semester 2002/03, for his lectures “Analysis I, Mathematik für Chemiker I, Mathematik B für Maschinenbauer” and for the lectures during summer semester 2003 “Analysis II” and “Mathematik für Chemiker II”.
The students confirm his excellent standard of topics and mediation style during the different lectures, which on the one hand are directed to first-year students of mathematics and on the other hand directed to first-year students of machine technology or chemistry in the framework of the service offer in mathematics, as most excellent.
The audience commented on the lectures very positively, especially the poised design of his lectures and the clear mediation, which make the challenging subjects more comprehensible, were highlighted. In the following you find excerpts of the student´s comments:
- This lecture is the best of all I have visited so far. A lot of knowledge is mediated, but very comprehensible.
- Of course he deserves it (Weierstraß-Prize)! I can´t imagine a better way to teach mathematics for chemists.
- Is lectures are brilliant. Very well structured and the challenging subject matters are mediated comprehensibly.
- Very clear, very well prepared and always good examples for current topics.
- Analysis is great! Hansen and the Weierstraß-Prize belong together!